Breakdown cover for your horse trailer
So for even better peace of mind, why not buy our fantastic Equicar membership for just £140 and know that your trailer and towing vehicle are covered by one superb membership. What’s more, your towing vehicle is covered even if you’re not towing when you break down.
Conditions Specific to Equine Trailer Assist
In addition to the General Terms and Conditions (see below) the following applies specifically to your Equine Trailer Assist membership. This membership does not cover assistance to your towing vehicle.
The trailer, which is less than 35 years old from the date of first registration, owned by you as specified in the Schedule, and which is designed and manufactured specifically for the transport of horses or ponies, but excluding:
• Trailers being operated under a standard or international operator’s licence.
• Trailers capable of carrying more than three average sized horses.
• Trailers which require to be towed by vehicles exceeding 3.5 tons GVW.
If the Eligible Trailer is immobilised as a result of a breakdown or puncture, you may call us anytime for:
• Call out of a repairer or tyre specialist to provide roadside assistance.
If the Eligible Trailer cannot be repaired at the roadside we will arrange and pay for a single recovery of the trailer to the nearest approved garage, your home, or original destination.
If the vehicle towing the Eligible Trailer is immobilised as a result of a breakdown we will arrange and pay for the recovery of the trailer to the nearest approved garage, your home, or original destination. (Recovery of the towing vehicle is not included).
If the vehicle towing the Eligible Trailer or the Eligible Trailer is immobilised as a result of a breakdown and cannot be repaired at the roadside, we will arrange and pay for the following:
• Onward transport of your horse(s) or pony(s) to your original destination or to your home address (or the place where the horse or pony is normally stabled), or
• If onward horse transport is not practicable we will recover your horse(s) or pony(s) from the immobilising incident to a local livery yard and provide overnight accommodation for your horse(s) or pony(s), you and your groom.
Conditions (Equine Trailer Assist)
Assistance for incidents occurring at or within one mile of "Home" is not provided.